Nejjarine Museum of Wood Arts and Crafts in Fes
This museum is in a wonderfully restored funduq – a caravanserai for travelling merchants who stored and sold their goods below and took lodgings on the floors above.
Centred on a courtyard, the rooms are given over to displays of traditional artefacts of craftsmen’s tools, chunky prayer beads and Berber locks, chests and musical instruments (compare the traditional wedding furniture with the modern glitzy chairs outside in Pl an-Nejjarine).
Everything is beautifully presented, although the stunning building gives the exhibits a run for their money.
The rooftop cafe has great views over the medina.
- AddressPlace an-Nejjarine, Fes, Morocco
- Mon~Fri8:00am 12:00am - 2:00pm 6:00pm
- Saturday8:00am 12:00am - 2:00pm 6:00pm
- Sunday8:00am 12:00am - 2:00pm 6:00pm
- By Hassane
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org